follow me on redux

1.2.07

A pleasant surprise for me tonight

I had a very pleasant surprise on seeing this video clip on you tube about HMS Victory which is in dry dock and by the way is still a commissioned ship of the Royal Navy in the Royal Naval Dockyard Portsmouth UK.

I was actually born in Portsmouth it is in my wartime memories on this blog and as a child at school in Gosport across the Harbour could see it out of the classroom window.

I never had a camcorder in all the times I have been aboard her sadly but on every trip I have made back to the UK bar one I have driven down from West Sussex and always gone aboard her.

This ship was the flagship of Lord Nelson his naval title was Captain Horatio Nelson RN.

He died on this ship and the light depicted where he was taken to in the ship’s infirmary not shown on this clip only the spot where he was struck a mortal blow is never allowed to be extinguished.

He was a Hero of Great Britain and the most popular one at that time: our Royal Australian Navy along with some other commonwealth countries is modeled on the Royal Navy.

This clip was posted on you tube by Wendy Gale *WindyF126*

No comments:

Post a Comment