follow me on redux

8.4.06

The hospital that failed women

A year-long investigation reveals how Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust UK may have put around 150 women with breast cancer at risk by failing to give them the crucial second stage of their treatment - radiotherapy. The women affected were treated with breast conserving surgery for invasive cancer during the late 1980s and 1990s. It appears Doctors and managers at the hospital have known for over a decade that some patients in the 1980s and 1990s diagnosed with invasive breast cancer were receiving sub-optimal care - but the trust has never told the women what happened so what’s new a disgrace of course but these occurrences happen all to frequently nowadays it seems and not just with this terrible disease others as well; I recall vividly as a schoolboy a lady getting it and she survived after an operation of course; no radio therapy then I don’t think? I did however come across this in researching for this post: I am only wondering if the Australian government is as bad with this problem as they seem to be always chopping and changing the drugs available! probably I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment